Frequently asked questions at Glen Rock Medical Pharmacy (GRMP), a specialty pharmacy, regarding fertility medications:
1. I already have a pharmacy. Why should I use GRMP for my fertility meds?
Assisted Reproductive Cycles require very specialized medications, which are often not readily stocked at the average pharmacy. GRMP is a “specialty pharmacy” committed to servicing these special prescription needs. All these medications are in stock at all times.
2. Wouldn’t I get better prices on my fertility medications at a chain pharmacy?
Glen Rock Medical Pharmacy buys its fertility medications direct from the manufacturer, and is able to offer these medications to you at prices substantially lower than the chain pharmacies. Glen Rock Medical also participates in several discount programs, which enables the cash paying patient to purchase certain fertility medications at a substantial discount. We encourage you to compare our prices to see the savings.
3. I heard that I can order my medications over the internet. What would be the advantage of using GRMP?
Some quantities of fertility medications ordered for you are an estimate of what you will need to complete your cycle. At GRMP, you can purchase medications by the vial instead of having to purchase it as packaged from the manufacturer to save you from purchasing excess medication. GRMP will work with the patient to ensure that only the exact number of vials needed are dispensed to eliminate any waste. As you know, these medications are expensive. Even a couple of extra vials can translate into a hundred dollars or more of unnecessary expense for the out-of-pocket patient or those patients with a cap on their insurance.
4. I am not sure whether my insurance covers these medications. What should I do?
GRMP will do a free insurance screening for you. All that you have to do is call the pharmacy with your insurance information. You will have an answer within minutes.
5. I’m confused by all these medications and directions even though I took the medication class. Can your pharmacy help me?
GRMP offers a complimentary individual medication consult at the time you pick up your cycle medications. A pharmacist will review with you the medications you will be using, and will ensure that you are comfortable with mixing and administering before you leave our pharmacy.
6. I have never had to inject myself before, and don’t know if I will be able to do it. Where can I get help with the injections, especially the intramuscular ones?
GRMP can teach you how to self-administer your medications. A pharmacist will review proper injection technique with you. If you come to the pharmacy for a consult, you will receive hands-on training, using actual injection pens, syringes, etc.
7. I do not live near Glen Rock, NJ. How can I use your pharmacy if it is not conveniently located for me?
GRMP can deliver the medications to your home. We deliver via courier, FedEx, or UPS.
8. What do I do if I have a problem with my medications late at night?
GRMP offers a free 24 hour Emergency service. Anytime that you need to speak to a pharmacist, just dial the store phone. If it is after store hours, you will be directed to one of our pharmacists who will assist you.
9. What are your hours?
Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm
Saturday 9am – 3pm
Sunday 9am – 2pm